Puppy Training Classes
This is your first step to raising a happy, healthy and well-socialised dog. Our informative puppy training classes run all year round and provides the ideal environment for pups to socialise in, while you also learn important information on how to best care for the new addition to your family.
Each Puppy Pre-school runs for 4 weeks, with a 60-90min class held at Cape Creatures Veterinary Hospital during the evening. To attend you must be a current client at Cape Creatures Veterinary Hospital or have your puppy vet checked prior to the classes. Bookings are essential.
Classes are presented by a professional holistic dog trainer who is very experienced and has been training puppies and adult dogs in the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River areas for over 40 years
What is Puppy Pre-school and why do we need it?
Puppy pre-school classes aim to provide:
- Training and obedience – basic commands (sit, drop, recall)
- Socialisation/interaction with other puppies
- Socialisation/interaction with people
- Developing bite inhibition
- Household etiquette
- Understanding attention seeking behaviours and how to manage them
- Awareness of the developmental stages prior to adulthood
- Troubleshooting other behavioural issues that may arise
- Familiarisation with the vet hospital – making visits less stressful and more enjoyable!